Thursday, February 18, 2010

The End of an Era

Honestly, this picture makes me cry. I'm not kidding. Today I traded in my 10 1/2 year old, good ol' reliable double stroller--and even sadder--and for the first time in 10 years--I don't need it anymore. This baby has been on countless trips to Disneyland, off-roading in mountains, on the beach, multiple libraries across two states, you name it. While it is technically a double, in a pinch, I have crammed two kids in the back seat. I have been in denial for several months that this thing was on it's way out, even though something on it breaks off everytime I take it out. It's fate was sealed when in the tram to the Disneyland parking lot, I realized that despite a recent hose down, it was so dingy and filthy I couldn't make eye contact with the gal next to me. I traded it in at Babies R Us for a coupon for 25% the stroller of my choice.
. . .which after was the Graco LiteRider. Not particularly snazzy, or trendy, but boasting the lightest frame and the biggest storage basket available. Let's face it. The stroller's job is to carry all the "stuff" so I don't have to--the baby is optional.
Note the cool organizer I got hanging off the back.

PS. Sorry to spend so much time on a stupid stroller, but frankly, this is was a big deal.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Cahoons! said...

Well that stroller WAS a huge part of your life! Your new stroller is really cute, now you'll go out in style!!!

Amanda said...

I have many memories of that stroller too. Farewell faithful friend. And hello hot new stroller! You'll definitely feel more confident in this one, and Isabella will look cute in it too!

I need a small stroller too! But I'm not quite ready to trade in the double. Who knows what (who) the future will bring.

Karen said...

Sad! It made me cry too!! I didn't get to say good-bye!

Brittany said...

I love Mom's comment.

For some reason I thought you got another double. This one is way cute. I love the colors. I love the storage. I love the light-weightedness of it. It's like a cute, updated version of my first stroller, which was perfect for me. How far down does this one recline?

The Brown Family said...

Exciting times, we have the same stroller, but mine is brown and pink!